poniedziałek, 12 lutego 2018

Detroit's Factories ran amok ;)

Hi!

In just six days my British soldiers will face the enemy once again, on second tournament organized by Tomek (his blog). This time I'll field as many tanks as possible. I thought about very fast and agile company of Cromwells with Challengers, but in current meta four squadrons of tanks that die so fast ain't enough. Maybe one day I'll play using that company, but it's not that day.

My army is going to be no less than 30 armed vehicles. If I were playing Red Army, that number wouldn't sound like much, but when it comes to British, it's the most I can get. Army looks like this:

HQ: 2x Sherman III
CP1: 2x Sherman III + Firefly VC
CP2: 2x Sherman III + Firefly VC
CP3: 2x Sherman III + Firefly VC
CP4: 2x Sherman III + Firefly VC
CP5: 3x Sherman III with .50cal AA MG
SP1: 2x M10 3in GMC
SP2: Breaching Group (Sherman V + 2x Sherman Crab, 2x AVRE, 2x AVRE)
SP3: 4x M10C 17pdr SP

Whole army is Confident Trained. I guess lack of artillery will make facing spam of PaK40's a potential nightmare for me, but I guess I will not face such army more than once, and even then I may simply roll them over with my tanks.

Two days ago I had a chance to play two battles against my friend who fields Polish Armed Squadron led by General Maczek. I managed to win both times, but my rolls were terrible. That led me to believe my friend's theory that painted models have better luck. Therefore, I began the long process of painting all those thirty armed vehicles. Today I managed to paint first AVRE platoon:


Good thing is - painting WW2 vehicles is fairly fast and easy, especially when you have an airbrush. I painted them whole with black primer, then laid first coat with Russian Uniform, then highlighted with mix of Russian Uniform and Duck Egg Green.


Tracks got covered with black wash, and then weathered with some rusty pigment. Exhausts and barrels got covered with soot using black pigment. Then I covered whole models with Matt Varnish, and glued on the commander, who were painted separately.


Plan for tomorrow is to paint at least one platoon of Shermans. Wish me luck :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz