czwartek, 23 kwietnia 2020

Crazy Psykers battle test

Recently I wrote about my new idea for Eldar list. Last Tuesday I had a chance to put my concept to the test.


I had to proxy quite a lot. Sadly, due to covid-19 problem the supply of new minis is seriously restricted. Don't get me wrong, in this whole situation this is quite small problem ;).


My psykers with friends faced Arhiman, big unit of disco-tzaangors, even bigger unit of regular tzaangors, two units of Rubric Marines, one unit of Rubric Terminators, Land Raider, 11 and 20 strong units of Pink Horrors, huge unit of Plaguebearers, two slaaneshi harphs, Masque, Daemon Prince and Furies.


I was the attacker, so my deployment were quite agressive. We played hammer and anvil, and I put most of my units as close to the enemy as possible.


During my first turn I resisted temptation of charging with my Conclave turn one. Rafał set his forces up a bit backwards and put huge screen at the front. Charging wouldn't work well.


Instead I set my forces the way that will let me charge on turn two. Only my Falcons did some damage, but not enough to destroy the Land Raider.


Forces of Chaos moved slowly forward. Everything but discotzaangors kept their distance, knowing what may happen if I charge my Council at Ahriman and other characters.


Unit of Terminators used dark matter to move behind my lines.They shot at my Farseer and Dire Aveners, scoring one wound on the former and killing two Avengers.


Then they managed to perform 9 inch charge, trying to kill my psykers. Luckyly for me 4+ inv proved enough to keep my heroes safe, only Warlock took one wound. In return brave Eldar killed two Terminators.


My second turn. Now was the time to charge with Seer Council. Shooting went well, they killed all Tzaangors, but in close combat I scored only single wound on Daemon Prince. Good thing was, thanks to dead Tzaangors I were able to teleport Yncarne behind enemy lines.


Daemons and Disco's moved closer to the center of the board, to secure objective. Sadly, they killed most of my Dire Avengers and Falcon.


Falcons fired their Shurikens into Horrors, and heavier gunst at Discotzaangors. Then I deepstriked Scorpions behind enemy lines.


One harph shot my brave aspect warriors, killing all but the Exarch. Then, Exarch proved that messing with Scorpions ain't a good idea and killed disciple of Slaanesh with few blows of his claw.


Yncarne finally delivered a few blows, but failed to kill Ahriman. Good thing was, he kept all enemy forces busy trying to kill him...


...only to escape before they fought back thanks to last Dire Avenger dying.


Pink Horrors charged Yncarne, but he jumped again, leaving them with jaws dropped.


Falcons charged at lesser daemons, cause why the hell not, if I didn't have anything to shoot at?


In enemy deployment zone everything tried to kill Council. After Daemon Prince's death they had to fight two units of Rubric Marines, Ahriman and huge unit of Plaguebearers.


Yncarne jumped back, thanks to my psykers who finished Enlightened. Of course I could have jumped him after my last Scorpion died to deny my oponent an objective, but that was my first time with this model and, gosh, it's very hard to play with. But I love it :)

After turn three we decided to call it. The result was 18:13 for the Eldar.

I must say, I like this list very much. There will be some changes, but Council and Yncarne stay for sure :).

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz