piątek, 13 marca 2015

Preparing for the 50'th Crusade

Hi there!

My Chaos forces are almost ready for tomorrow's tournament, the 50'th Crusade, ran by Adeptus Mechanicus Wargames Club. The rules are pretty simple, 1650 points, up to three detachments. I've decided to field my Chaos Space Marines with some Daemonic Allies. Last time, when I'd played against Adam's Tyranids, that tactic proved to be quite usefull.

Therefore, my army looks as follows:

+ Be'Lakor, The Dark Master

+ Daemon Prince
     - Burning Brand of Skalanthrax
     - 3'rd Level Psyker
     - Mark of Nurgle
     - Power Armour
     - Spell Familiar
     - Wings

+ Cultists
     - Champion with CCW & Pistol
     - 8 Autoguns
     - 1 Flamer

+ Chaos Space Marines
     - Champion with Power Axe, Bolt Pistol & Boltgun
     - 4 Marines with Boltguns
     - Marine with Meltagun
     - Veterans of the Long War
     - Rhino with Havoc Launcher, Dozer Blade & Dirge Caster

+ Vindicator
     - Daemonic Possession
     - Dozer Blade

+ 2 Obliterators

+ 2 Obliterators

+ Herald of Tzeentch
     - Greater Reward
     - Lesser Reward
     - Exalted Locus of Conjuration
     - Psyker Level 3

+ Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch

+ 11 Pink Horrors

The idea is to start the game with half of my forces on the table, ie. Marines, Vindicator and both Daemon Princes. Cultists stay in reserve, and emerge in the middle of the game, to hold one objective in my deployment zone. Obliterators deep strike wherever I need them, to bring some havoc to the enemy, and Horrors with Herald and Flamer appear right behind the biggest enemy unit, to blast them in following psychic and shooting phase.

This time I've decided to use my Daemon Princes as more of supporting units, rather than hard hitting close combat monsters. They'll fly above the battlefield, casting psychic powers, firing Burning Brand, and, if nececcary, vector striking some flyers.

We'll see how that works :).

In the meantime, I work on my models, to field a bit more painted ones than I did on the previous tournament. Moments ago I'd finished one of my Obliterators:


There are two more like him (not exactly like him, but of simillar design), and one more of Daemonic type. In few days I want to be able to field two units of three. That might be an overkill, after all, such unit, without upgrades, costs 210 points, but nothing hurts as much as three Obliterators deep-striking behind your firebase :).

Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll write something about the Crusade!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz