środa, 4 marca 2015

Blood for the Blood God! (part I)

As I've mentioned before, my tournament rooster was subject to some significant changes. One of them was to replace main close combat unit.

During Wolftime my Land Raider was stuffed with 4 Slaaneshi Terminators with Feel No Pain, some Combi-Meltas, and led by Sorcerer in Terminator Armour.

In all three battles that unit did almost nothing. Too little wounds in total (just 6), not so many attacks, even wile charging, made them easy target for all close combat units, like Stormfangs or Be'lakor (even though Be'lakor isn't the best CC monster out there).

Therefore I've decided to use one of the best CC characters in Chaos Codex, Lord of Khorne with Axe of Blind Fury.

I thought of three options for the Lord. First was giving him bike, and the retinue of 6-7 bikers with 2 Meltaguns. Second, mounting him on Juggernaut, surrounded by the pack of Chaos Spawns. Third, Lord on foot, leading the unit of Khorne Berzerkers.

Bearing in mind that I already have my Land Raider, and it actually works quite well, I've decided to utilize the third option. I dug out some of my old Berzerkers, seven of them plus Aspiring Champion with Fist.

Of course I'll convert some new ones, but all in good time. For now, I need a new Lord model. Sadly, GW produces no such model, so I had to kitbash my own.


There he is, Karnash, Lord of Khorne. I've built him using mostly CSM box I've bought few days ago to build my Chosen. After adding some green stuff and Archaon's sword, the model was almost ready.


Almost, cause I had to make the model look a bit tougher and more interesting. I used a Genestealer I had in my bitsbox, and cut a hole through his chest. That allowed me to stick him on the sword :). Some cork pieces to act as concrete walls, and the model is pretty much done. Just need to put some paint on it ;).

So, I'll leave you with some more photos, and get back to my paint station.







Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz